Tabulizer offers lots of options when it comes to filtering table data. But what if you want to build your own filtering box that sits outside of the table? This article discusses a method to filter the table data using your own customized filtering process. The filters can be anywhere on the page, while the filtering logic is up to you how to implement it.
Tabulizer allows to use any sort of HTML code for your table cells, including the code to generate a lighbox for a picture or a YouTube video. The two approaches to do that are discussed in this article.
In this article we discuss the use of the proxy script in order to access tables stored in a remote or local PostgreSQL database. This is particually useful for Wordpress users where built-in support for PostgreSQL is not available.
As discussed in other articles, it's possible to filter the table rows in order to show only those related to the currently logged in user. In some cases the most appropriate method is to use the modification function filterbyparam which is presented in this tutorial.
Sometimes, even though you have set the column width to a fixed value (e.g. 50px) or a percentage value (e.g. 20%) the resulting width looks larger than the specified one.
Data sources link data tables inserted into your Joomla/Wordpress site with their source (e.g. an Excel file). One way to improve the loading time of the resulting table is to enable the data source cache. Using this option, once the cache is populated with the source data, all subsequent requests for data will be served from the cache, instead of the actual source.
- Control the data returned by a Google Spreadsheet Documents using proxy script
- Considerations when preserving the background color of the spreadsheet cells
- Numeric precision in Microsoft Excel: Issues and how to resolve them
- Create Pricing Tables with Tabulizer
- Joomla Installation: Overcoming the 2MB file upload limit
- Considerations when you are importing large files (CSV/Excel)
- Graphs: Numeric Label Format
- How to import data from an external XML file
- How to install manually a ruleset archive
- Display tables to registered users only or certain user groups