In most cases, installing Tabulizer is a straightforward process just like any other Joomla extension. Nevertheless, web servers impose a limit as to how large a file can be uploaded via PHP. This can be as low as 2MB and as Tabulizer installation file is slightly over 2MB, it becomes impossible to upload and therefore can't get installed. Even if the file is uploaded correctly, problems can arise with the extraction of the file contents.
If that's the case, there are two ways to resolve this:
- Use the second installation option, which is to Install from Directory instead of uploading the installation file.
- Increase the PHP file upload limit to a value greater than 2MB (e.g. 4MB) Below we discuss these two options.
Option #1 - Installing Tabulizer from Directory
Try using the second install option labelled Install from Directory. Here's how it works:
- Step 1 - Extract com_tabulizer.zip contents into a folder on your local computer
- Step 2 - Upload those files into the temporary directory in your Joomla installation
- Step 3 - Use the Install from Directory option
Extract the contents of the com_tabulizer.zip file on your local computer.
Upload these files into the tmp folder. So return to your FTP client and return to the /tmp folder. Upload the files that you extracted in step 1.
Return to Joomla Administrator and Extension Manager. In the Install from Directory section, click the Install button.
Joomla will then examine the files in the tmp folder and run through the installation process.
That's the process for installing an extension manually.
Option #2 - Increase the PHP upload file limit
You can also choose to change the PHP limit for the maximum upload file size. This can be done by asking your hosting company to do that for you, or by adding/changing the following lines in the php.ini file:
; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files. upload_max_filesize = 4M ; Must be greater than or equal to upload_max_filesize post_max_size = 40M
Another alternative is to change the limit via the .htaccess file:
php_value upload_max_filesize 40M php_value post_max_size 42M