In this tutorial we will describe how to turn a list of image filenames into a fancy polaroid image gallery! So, why use a dedicated gallery extension, when you can do it with Tabulizer?
Sometimes you need to split a table into multiple tables, based on the value of a certain column. In other words, all rows that have the same value in the specified column will be put into the same sub-table. In this article we will discuss how to do that the right way, using the built-in functionality and the modification function groupbycolumn.
One of the most frequently asked question is how to make a hyperlink to open in a new window or tab. Tabulizer does not have a built-in support for that, but you can use the modification function sethreftarget that is described in this tutorial. It takes a single argument which is the hyperlink target that can be one of the following:
There are many ways to add images to your table, but in this tutorial we will discuss the use of replacement rules that are unique to Tabulizer. This process is highly recommended as it can save it a lot of time and it's easier to maintain.
Even though Tabulizer does not have any built-in functionality for merging the data of two or more cells, this can be easily achieved by using a modification function. In this tutorial we will present a way of doing that by using the columnmerge modification function.
Tabulizer is using plain text files to store all the ruleset information. What this means is that using a plain text editor you could add new rulesets and rules, remove or modify existing ones. This method is recommended only to power users as editing ruleset files directly, without the safety net of the online wizard or the backend environment makes it easy to break everything.
- RSS Feeds with URL parameters
- Tabulizer as RSS Feed Reader
- Column filtering options, tips and tricks
- Available options for responsive patterns
- How to resolve typical dataTable warnings
- Displaying really large tables with Tabulizer (+10,000 rows)
- How to import data from a Google Spreadshet document into an article or post like a regular HTML table - Updated
- Combining data from multiple sources with data source merger.
- Change the error reporting in Joomla
- How to edit ruleset's CSS file