Let's say you have an Excel file with 10,000 rows or a database query with 30,000 rows. Showing these data as a table is not a trivial task, because if you simply load all the data along with the web page, not only it will take too much time but it's possible that the client's browser will crash due to memory or processing limitations. This is especially true for older mobile devices.
In a previous tutorial we had described the process of reading a published Google Document/Spreadsheet with Tabulizer and turning it into a Joomla or Wordpress table.
One of the advanced features of the latest Tabulizer version is that you can merge data from various sources into a single table. Let's say you keep the sales reports on a different Excel sheet for different regions and you want to combine them into a single table, or you have one CSV file where you keep a list of names and phones and another database table where you keep a list of names and emails for the same group of people, and you want to combine them into a single table. The figures below shows a few case scenarios of how you can combine the input data sources:
Error reporting is a very important tool when it comes to debugging an application, but it's not very useful and it can be considered a bad practice from a security standpoint when the site moves to the production stage.
While working with rulesets, at some points you may want to modify its companion CSS file. This is the file that keeps all table styling, so if you change it all tables created with this ruleset will be affected.
One of the things you may want to do is to set the width of individual columns, lets say the width of the 1st column and the 5th column. One other scenario is to set the width of all columns to be equal. Below we explain how you can do that.
- Troubleshooting installation issues on Joomla
- Create a data table in Wordpress with advanced search capabilities
- How to import data from a Google Spreadshet document
- How to change pagination and filtering labels
- Column filters on the second empty row
- Responsive Scrolling - What to know
- How to add a table header row(s)
- Loading data to your table from another database/server
- How to display database query results as HTML table in your articles