In this article we discuss some issues that arise when you want to add scrolling to your table. Generally speaking, scrolling is useful when the "container area" is smaller than the "content area". In such cases the scrollbars allow you to view the part of the content that "overflows", as shown in the images below:
One frequently asked question is how to add header rows to a table that is produced by a database query.
for instance, let's assume that you want to display a list of articles with the following query:
Tabulizer offers you the possibility to display the results of a database query into a table, by creating a data source of type "Database Table/Query" where you have defined the query. This works well for queries that are executed on the same database as the Joomla site, but how about if you wanted to execute a query on a different database or even on a remove server?
Tabulizer makes easy to export the results of a database query into a table that can added anywhere in your site, using the appropriate data source. If the relevant database contents change, the linked HTML table will be updated as well.
Tabulizer allows you to automatically merge neighboring cells easily with a single autospan rule. Depending on which element this rule is applied, the merging takes place on the same row (colspan), on the same column (rowspan) or both. Let's look at some examples to demonstrate these ideas.
- Add a new rule that will apply a CSS class to the desired table elements (e.g. columns)
- In the companion CSS file define the CSS class.
- How to add search filters to your tables
- Responsive Header Selection - What each option means
- How to set the interval colors in a gauge/meter graph
- Sorting on 2nd row, excluding certain columns
- Make your data sources flexible with system and user defined params
- Table filtering on selected columns
- Remove table rows or columns based on user criteria
- How to make a graph resizable or responsive
- How to download or email graph chart as image file
- How to download or email table data as file